Wednesday 8 July 2009

Calling time on the Sisyrinchiums

There are very few plants that I take a strong dislike to, I'm more inclined to look for their good points and work around any unappealing characteristics. I've been trying to do that with the Sisyrinchiums for a while now, carefully removing all the black dead leaves, staking the plants when they started to flower but I decided this week that they really are not worth the effort. If it's staying a plant that requires so much attention had better produce something truly amazing in the way of flowers, sadly the Sisyrinchiums fall short, well short. It just isn't worth giving them border room for the pitiful unscented small flowers they produce. Granted they are attractive when you get up close to one individually, but they're a nothing from a distance. So no, I will not be pulling off the black bits any more or feeling disappointed when the flowers arrive, the only good thing I can find to say for them is that they were very easy to uproot on their way to the compost heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment